I’m so excited to have been awarded the Liebster Award from mitzijonelle! I’m really very honored that you thought of me. 🙂 I’ve never done anything like this before (I am fairly new to the blogsphere, after all). Hopefully this is okay.
The rules of this award are:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you and display the award
2.Answer their 11 questions the nominee asked
3.Give 11 Random facts about yourself
4. Nominate other bloggers for the award
5. Notify the bloggers you chose for the award
6. Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answer
Here are the questions I was asked:
What is your favorite book/movie?
That’s really hard actually. I read a lot and watch a lot of different movies, mostly with my little brother. My favorite book usually depends on my mood. 🙂 I think my favorite book right now is The Princess Bride and my favorite movie is Pirates of The Carribbean.
What’s your favorite food?
Anything with chocolate. Especially chocolate covered strawberries, those are the best. I also really enjoy sandwiches (doesn’t matter what kind) and pasta. I realize that’s not one food. Sorry. I have a lot of favorite foods.
What is your “go outfit”?
Haha, well, let’s see. I really wish I was more of a fashionista. I love doing my hair and makeup, and I’m not too bad at those things, but when it comes to clothes….eh. When I’m going somewhere, though, like to church or out with friends there’s this really cute navy dress I love. The top is lacy and dark navy and the skirt part is white and striped up and down with navy and light brown stripes. It’s pretty cute. And then I have these strappy brown sandals that are great too. I’ll usually leave my hair down, either crimped or curled, and do some dramatic but natural makeup.
What motivates you?
My family. I’m motivated to work hard and do what I love by my parents, who always support me. I’m motivated by my younger sisters, who look up to me. I have to be a good example for them. And I’m motivated by my brother to always achieve more, since he is so good at everything he does.
What are five things you love about yourself?
1. I have a great sense of humor. 2. I can come up with story ideas and the write them out into a story I’m happy with. 3. I don’t take life too seriously most of the time. 4.When I do take life too seriously, I can write well enough to get my feelings out on this blog. 5. I’m nice and personable enough to make friends easily.
What are three things you could love more about yourself?
I could love more…hmm. That’s a hard one. I could love more that I’ve already figured out what my passion is. I think I don’t give that as much appreciation as I could. I also could love more that I can do Nanowrimo, I mean, that I can succeed at a challenge like that. All of my peers that have tried to do something like that with me haven’t been able to complete it. The last thing I could love more about myself…probably the fact that school comes pretty easy to me. I don’t have to try that hard to get good grades. And still I stress myself out about it.
What is a dream of yours that feels like it’s not possible?
Being able to write for a living. I want to be a successful enough author that I can just stay home and do what I love all day, every day. Whenever I share this dream with my peers they always give me this look… I think I wrote a blog post on it once. I’ve been told “have fun living in a cardboard box”. It’s fine.
How do you want to be described/remembered by other people?
I want to be remembered as someone who cares for others, who’s always there to build people up and to help people out. I want to be remembered as the writer girl who accomplished her dreams and who was successful at them, even when no one thought she would be able to.
What is your greatest fear?
To be a failure. In writing and achieving my dreams as a writer most of all, but also in school when it comes to my grades and stuff like that. I’m afraid of disappointing myself and letting myself down.
What is something you’ve always wanted to do/learn?
I’ve always, always wanted to learn how to play the piano. It’s a beautiful instrument, to look at and to play. I love piano music, I love watching people play… In the band hall at my school sometimes there’s a piano out, and occasionally some students will play on it, just whatever. I’ve heard Star Wars, Chopsticks, Lady Gaga, and actual good stuff too that I don’t know the names of. It’s just a beautiful skill I’ve always wanted to have.
What do you do when you feel like giving up?
I cry a little bit, then I usually blog about it. Or write something somewhere. I pray about it, ask for encouragement and talk to my mom.
Those questions involved a lot more soul-searching than I thought they would. I feel like I’ve just opened up a secret part of myself for everyone to see. The funny thing is, while writing this I learned a lot about myself I didn’t know. And also how much my dreams about writing influence my life.
Okay, for the next part here are eleven random facts about me:
- I really hate tomatoes.
- I taught my brother how to read before he went to preschool.
- I have four younger siblings and no, we are not a blended family.
- I visited England and Germany when I was four, which is the only time I’ve left the country.
- I played a lot of Mario Kart and Lego Star Wars when Iwas younger. It was a good way for me and my brother to bond.
- I considered changing my middle name for my fifteenth birthday because I don’t care for it (I’m named after a grandmother I don’t particularly like) but then decided that I would just get rid of it when I got married (like put my maiden name where my middle name used to be).
- I have a large group of friends, but often feel ignored or left out.
- I had a bad experience with Sprite in second grade at a roller skating party and have never drank anything carbonated since.
- Once in middle school I read the entire Harry Potter series in a week.
- I own four cats.
- When I was eight, I was obsessed with fairies and honestly believed that they were real. I had so many fairy books and fairy costumes… it was a great phase.
Thanks again to mitizijonelle for the nomination!
Questions for my nominees:
What inspired you to start a blog?
What is your favorite genre of book/movie?
What is your favorite thing to write about?
What would your dream day look like?
If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
What are five things you love?
What are three of your pet peeves?
What do you like to do in your free time?
Where do you see yourself in ten years?
What is your greatest fear?
What is the biggest obstacle in your life you have overcome?
This was really fun to do 🙂 Nominees, I’d really love to see your answers to these questions, so feel free to comment with the link below!